Breaking News

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Santa Love Story
December 20, 2023
Rainbow
December 20, 2023
School Dance
December 20, 2023

New Date for Fall Dance

Ashlea Beers
8th grade leadership students Kylie Marek, Josie Wasik, and Sophie Geier were responsible for collecting data and giving a presentation to administration to get the dance time changed.

Century Middle School has officially rescheduled the date of the dance to December 1st from 6-8 PM!

The 8th grade leadership and Century principal Mrs. Vollmar decided to reschedule the dance from an after-school event in November to an evening event December 1st, 6-8 PM. The dance was rescheduled because 8th grade leadership wanted a dance at night, not right after school.

At first, Vollmar was against moving the dance to a later time until the 8th grade leadership class presented data to administration showing how over 95% of students who took a survey were in favor of moving the dance to a later time. When Mrs. Vollmar saw this data, she agreed to move the dance.

To go to the dance you must have a 90% attendance score in the three weeks before the dance, have an ID on hand, and no behavior referral from a teacher, so be sure to be on your best behavior.