Breaking News

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Santa Love Story
December 20, 2023
Rainbow
December 20, 2023
School Dance
December 20, 2023

Century Musical Debuts Tuesday Night!

Joe Volk
Cast rehearse the musical after school.

It’s opening week for Century Middle School’s rendition of Finding Nemo, Jr.: The Musical! Join us as we embark on this journey to the depths of the ocean, bringing the beloved tale to life on stage. Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the magic as we transport you to the colorful world beneath the waves.

Opening night is Tuesday, March 19th and additional shows are Wednesday, March 20th and Friday, March 22nd. All shows begin at 6:30pm. Although tickets are sold out for the evening performances, students will get to see the musical during school on Thursday. Studio School, a K-5 arts magnet school, will be coming to Century to also watch the musical on Thursday.

“It seems that just yesterday we were sitting around a table calling kids in for auditions, and tomorrow the show opens,” said director Ms. Erin Swain on Monday night.

Auditions for the musical were held in October 2023 and the cast has been practicing ever since. The cast and crew are excited to showcase their talent to everyone in the community as they worked very hard on getting the musical ready.

“We’ve enjoyed learning from other people,” says seventh grader Ryleigh Reuber. Seventh grader Makenna Fedorcheck added, “Getting to know each other has been a lot of fun.”

Last year, Century hosted the Beauty and the Beast musical after several years without any theater productions.

“I feel like we’re well-prepared this year, especially with so many students participating again who were in the musical last year,” says music director, Ann Espey.

Many students wore t-shirts to promote the musical at school Tuesday – a random student was overheard in the hallway exclaiming, “it’s like half the school is wearing the shirt!”

After so many months of hard work and dedication, it’s natural that the cast and crew express how they feel like part of a big, close-knit family.

“It’s been a nice community to be a part of,” says seventh grader Emma McFadden.