Breaking News

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Santa Love Story
December 20, 2023
Rainbow
December 20, 2023
School Dance
December 20, 2023

Ski and Snowboard Trip

Joe Volk
A few students enjoying their time during the February 2023 Ski/Snowboard trip

Did you know that Century has a ski and snowboard club? This club takes a trip each year to the mountains for a fun trip of skiing and snowboarding. This article will discuss when the trip is happening and what you have to do to join. 

The club will be taking a three-day, two-night trip. There will be a charter bus that will take the club to and from Winter Park and the hotel.

“We will be staying at the YMCA for two nights, and then on the last day after skiing we will ride home,” -Century band teacher Mr. CB

“I enjoyed the food that was there and I also liked that I could ski with who I wanted. I even made a new friend last year,” – Alina Cronin, a 7th-grade student.

If you take the charter bus stay at the YMCA and get the wristband for breakfast and dinner it costs around $400. The other option is you ride up there in your own transportation which means you’re not paying for the charter bus and then you can stay at the YMCA. If you don’t pay for the wristband you have to find your own food. 

Mr. CB is the one who is making this trip possible so if you’re going on the trip you owe him a thank you. If you need to rent a pair of skis or a snowboard or anything else here are some of the places you can rent from.

• Winter Park
  • Colorado Sports rent
  • Ski and snowboard rent and repair
  • Christy sports ski & patio
  • Bluebird rentals
  • High country skiing shuttle CO
  • Epic mountain gear

To get the permission form, you need to see Mr. CB. There will be a meeting on 10/12/23 and the permission form is due 11/17.

Click on this link for more information

https://sites.google.com/adams12.org/centurymiddleschoolband/clubs/skisnowboard-club