Breaking News

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Santa Love Story
December 20, 2023
Rainbow
December 20, 2023
School Dance
December 20, 2023

8th Grade Leadership Supports Local Elementary Students

Ashlea Beers
Century 8th grade leadership students at the Hunters Glen Elementary Fun Run.

The 8th grade leadership class traveled to Hunters Glen Elementary on October 2nd to strengthen community ties between the elementary and middle school by cheering them on during their annual fun run.

The 8th grade leadership students felt their presence really helped the elementary students.

Macy Gauna explains how cheering for the students helped, “it would help them because it just kind of encouraged them to keep going and not stop.”

Century teacher and leadership advisor Ashlea Beers helped the leadership class organize the field trip by reaching out to Hunters Glen Elementary principal Chris Blados.

“The Century Leadership Students that helped at the Hunters Glen Fun Run were absolutely wonderful,” says Christopher Blados, principal at Hunters Glen. “As soon as they arrived, we put them right to work and they jumped in and helped right away.  By helping provide water for the students, marking laps, and cheering the students on, it allowed parents and teachers to have fun and participate with their students instead of working.  It was also great seeing some of our Hunters Glen Alum again too!”