Breaking News

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Santa Love Story
December 20, 2023
Rainbow
December 20, 2023
School Dance
December 20, 2023

Century Staff Members Get Pied by Students

Alli Merritt
Addison Plate pieing century band teacher Mr. C-B in the face on October 9th.

As part of a fundraiser for the Make-a-Wish foundation, several students won a raffle to pie a staff member in the face.

The staff members who got pied for 6th grade where Mrs. Greenwell, Officer Duskey, and Mr. Biller. The 6th grade winners were Rylan Lafave, Mila Bedolla, Logan Jones, and Lizzy Padwe.

The 7th grade teachers that got pied were Ms. Beers, Mrs.Greenberg, and Mr. CB. The 7th grade winners were Payton Preston, Sydney Williams, and Addison Palte.

In 8th grade, there was only one winner, student Sharol Correa. Sharol got to pie Century Middle School principal Ms. Vollmar.

“It was super fun,” said Vollmar. “I was covered in whipped cream!  It was up my nose and in my ears and all throughout my hair! It was great!”

The “pie in the face” event was a joint effort between Century leadership students and former Century student, Landon Alscher.  Alscher, who now attends Mountain Range High School, and was trying to raise $20,000 for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Alscher emailed Century staff asking if Mountain Range and Century could combine forces to raise enough money for the non-profit. Leadership students sold $1 raffle tickets, with each ticket entered into the drawing to pie a staff member in the face. Century raised over the$150 for the Make-a-Wish foundation.