Breaking News

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Comet Chronicles

Santa Love Story
December 20, 2023
Rainbow
December 20, 2023
School Dance
December 20, 2023

Coming Soon to Century’s Stage: Finding Nemo Junior

Joe Volk
Kids listening on critiques on their acting, 2022-2023 school year in the Beauty and the Beast Jr. play.

Finding Nemo Junior is coming to the stage at Century Middle School! Many students and teachers get involved in this after-school activity and you could too!

“It’s about friendship and not giving up, about taking care of the people you love and going on an adventure.” – Mrs. Worosylo, a part of the staff working on the musical. 

The students and actors are so incredibly excited just to be a part of this fun and exciting adventure. The teachers who observe their students can also say that although some are not in the musical, they still have an enjoyable time! 

“They want to cheer on their peers.” says Mrs. Worosylo. “They want to watch a beloved story they have probably seen the video or movie of a hundred times. They want to laugh at the characters and just find some joy in the arts!”

Although we see a fun and laughable image on the stage, students and teachers put so much work and effort into the musical.  “Well, it’s a lot of practice,” explains musical director, Mrs. Swain. “Really trying to get the set put together and then doing live practices and getting into costume and so students put a ton of time into this and so you can anticipate when it comes production week they’re super excited to show their art and perform on stage for everybody to see what they’ve been spending all this time doing.”

If you want to be a part of this journey and show your off hard work to the school, this November you can audition to get a role on stage or you can join stage crew to do the behind-the-scenes work!

EXTRA INFORMATION:

• Auditions are in November (stage crew included)
  • The play will be performed in March